Wednesday, July 14, 2010

C'est la fete Nationale!


Ok, it is Bastille Day but, I didn't wear red, white and blue in honor of my French heritage....instead, I wore my new dress from Anthropologie!  My mom was nice enough to buy it for me after I fell in love with it on a recent Mom/Daughter shopping day over the weekend for my mom's birthday.  I wore it today because my grandmother would have loved this dress so it was a little bit in honor of her.  She had a huge love for southwestern anything.  We used to take vacations with her and my grandfather in the summers to various southwestern states.  I even wore the turquoise Navajo jewelry I inherited from her.


The best part about the dress is the beaded detail on the waist.  I really love that it is so colorful and can be wore easily summer-winter.

Cardigan: Forever 21
Dress: Anthropologie
Heels: Modcloth
Jewelry: Vintage Navajo

9 comments:

tess said...

love the print, so colorful!

Lexie said...

pretty! i just found out that i too have french ancestry! happy bastille day to us!for

Shey said...

beautiful outfit =)

Wild as a Mink said...

very nice! Ok this is random, but I think I've thought this everytime I comment on your blog, since the very beginning of my commenting....but has anyone ever told you you look like Lily Allen? I completely see it...she's a cute one, so take it as a compliment.

Robyn said...

The print of that dress is stunning.

S and O said...

ooh i just love anthropology's clothing ;)
cute dress!

xoxo
Olivia

Fabiola "Fab" said...

love the pattern!! you're gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

The dress looks adorable on you!

Love you!
Mumsy

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, I love that your blog means the Fancy Owl in French! Also, this dress is so fantastic - I have tried it on during my last two Anthropologie trips and am hoping that it will go on sale eventually. Great styling of a lovely dress!