Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Today Show bothers me

Today I was working from home while being sick (yes, that is sort of an oxymoron but, I have to save my sick days for maternity leave so, hence working from home) and I caught The Today Show.  Now, I have no idea who the women on the who are but, there is something about them that really annoyed me.  I guess one of them is Kathie Lee but, she looks so different from what I remembered years ago that I didn't even know it was her.  Anyways, they were talking about some survey that was taken about what men and women look for in a mate and I couldn't help but roll my eyes throughout the whole conversation.  One point made was about how women like men who are chivalrous; as in opening doors all the time, lifting everything, walking on the side of the street that is closest to the curb.  I am not saying that some level of chivalry isn't appreciated but, I could help thinking that some girls (including this one) actually get irritated by this behavior.  Does anyone else feel this way?

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have bought some original art from a friend of ours who is unfortunately moving Shaghai.  Good for him but, sad for us.  He has been a good friend for years.  Below are some shots of the works I bought from him.




No comments: