Friday, June 10, 2011

Jewelry to Calm My Soul


After I loaded these pictures onto my computer I stared at them long and hard and finally realized it...I have gotten to that chubby stage.  However, I do consider this epiphany to be pretty late in the land of pregnancy since I am already almost 7 months pregnant and have unbelievably only gained 15 pounds.  It is pretty daunting to see the scale rise and your normally very thin physique change to such a degree, so fast.  You start to play the idea in your head that, gasp, you will never get back into your pre-pregnancy jeans and remain as so for the rest of your life....

To generally calm myself from thinking such things, I started back up with a hobby I haven't visited since I was a teenager: making jewelry!  I used to make jewelry all the time when I lacked any sort of real income beyond my parents' allowance.  It was one of the only ways I could get close to what I saw on celebrities (like Gwen Stefani, my teenage and well, still biggest girl crush next to Zooey Deschanel).



Vest: Modcloth
Dress: Mink Pink from KarmaLoop
Shoes: Toms
Necklace: Charming Charlies, my own
Belt: Thrifted

No comments: