Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Two shirts and a visit to the hospital


I have to preface the title to this post with an, "I and baby are OK.  Don't worry".  However, I did have a scare last week which is why I haven't gotten around to posting lately.  Late last Wednesday, I was experiencing some crazy pains in my belly and tightening that I couldn't describe.  It didn't hurt or anything but, it was tiring me out and I had them on and off for a few hours.  It was enough to scare me into calling my doctor the next morning.  Thinking she would simply to tell me to drink some water and take it easy, I was pretty nonchalant on the phone about it with the nurse.  30 minutes later, the nurse called me back and told me to go to the hospital!  I nearly freaked out!  I drove myself to the hospital where my mother met me and had to be hooked up to a monitor to make sure I wasn't really having contractions.  Turns out it was simply dehydration and was causing some nasty Braxton-Hicks and I am baby owl are fine.  It did scare me into taking it easy and slowing down.

Moving on, about my outfit....the skirt is actually, well, a shirt.  Its one of those babydoll tube tops and I found it for super cheap at Forever 21.  But it works really well as a skirt because I can fold down the 'tube' part however I want.  Great for my 6 months picture, no?

3 comments:

Idée Géniale said...

I'm so sorry I haven't commented in forever!! But I am so happy for you and your little expanding family!!! congratulations and I can't wait to see pictures of baby ow! Good luck with everything. xo

Lace n Coffee said...

So glad to hear everything is great with you and the baby. Make sure you look after the both of you.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

braxton hicks always made me feel so numb in the belly. they are so weird right? I'm glad to hear that was the issue.