Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Two shirts and a visit to the hospital


I have to preface the title to this post with an, "I and baby are OK.  Don't worry".  However, I did have a scare last week which is why I haven't gotten around to posting lately.  Late last Wednesday, I was experiencing some crazy pains in my belly and tightening that I couldn't describe.  It didn't hurt or anything but, it was tiring me out and I had them on and off for a few hours.  It was enough to scare me into calling my doctor the next morning.  Thinking she would simply to tell me to drink some water and take it easy, I was pretty nonchalant on the phone about it with the nurse.  30 minutes later, the nurse called me back and told me to go to the hospital!  I nearly freaked out!  I drove myself to the hospital where my mother met me and had to be hooked up to a monitor to make sure I wasn't really having contractions.  Turns out it was simply dehydration and was causing some nasty Braxton-Hicks and I am baby owl are fine.  It did scare me into taking it easy and slowing down.

Moving on, about my outfit....the skirt is actually, well, a shirt.  Its one of those babydoll tube tops and I found it for super cheap at Forever 21.  But it works really well as a skirt because I can fold down the 'tube' part however I want.  Great for my 6 months picture, no?

3 comments:

Idée Géniale said...

I'm so sorry I haven't commented in forever!! But I am so happy for you and your little expanding family!!! congratulations and I can't wait to see pictures of baby ow! Good luck with everything. xo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everything is great with you and the baby. Make sure you look after the both of you.

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

braxton hicks always made me feel so numb in the belly. they are so weird right? I'm glad to hear that was the issue.