Monday, March 15, 2010

Its made from bamboo? (A makeup post)

I have to admit.  I often get a tad bit jaded when it comes to makeup because I work with it.  I think I probably own more dollars in beauty products than my car (and my husband's car) is worth.  It has sort of always been my vice.  Some women collect handbags; some shoes.  Me?  I collect makeup.  As a result, most of my makeup is pretty high end.  In past I used to follow makeup trends pretty keenly.  As I have grown older, my beauty product buys have turned into what works and what fits whatever need I have.  Don't get me wrong, I still buy way too much makeup but at least it is generally targeted.

I have run aside from the point of my post... 

Most recently I was pa-rousing the aisles of one of our stores when BAM!  I was stopped by the pretty pattern on this compact (it is sort of like shiny object syndrome).  Physician's Formula Bamboo Wear Refillable Compact...

 (both are found at Ulta.com)

I have a soft spot for anything natural, vegan, sustainable, etc etc so THIS fit right in!  I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and amazingly, it is that best powder I have ever used and I have used it all.  Trust me.  The compact is refillable and the powder refills are...MADE WITH BAMBOO SILK!


I just thought I would share.  I get a lot of questions about what products I like since I see so many fly past my desk at work (not because I am a product junkie, of course...).


Today was fairly tiring.  I think the time change had an affect on me.  I don't typically feel it but, for some reason this year I did.  However, I did manage to get out of bed on time, work out, and look somewhat decent!  (and the hair was a big hit at work!)


Sparrow Necklace: ModCloth
Blouse: F21
Cardigan: Target
Skirt: Target
Leggings: DKNY
Heels: Steve Madden

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool bamboo makeup! speaking of bamboo, want to win a free bamboo satchel? enter my giveaway! :D

http://kissmyfasshion.blogspot.com/2010/03/thanks-for-putting-up-with-me-100000x.html

Kristin said...

OMG how gorgeous is that compact! I think I need it! :)

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Cute look! I think we have the same necklace! :)

Taylor Sterling said...

cute outfit! Like the blog!