Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ah The Weekend...

My weekend wasn't crazy or anything.  Which, to be honest, it how I typically like it.  Saturday my husband was out taking an architecture exam so I spent a good hour just trying on various pieces I have been gathering for spring.  Specifically, Easter dresses.  I am a fan of old fashioned dress-me-up-for-church Easters with baskets of chocolate, formal dinner and spring motif everywhere.  So for lack of better posting options, here are all the pictures I took!

 
Fedora: UO
Dress: Etsy purchase from Homerunballerina
Belt: off a thrifted sweater
Tie heels: Payless Shoe Source!


 
Fedora: UO
Tank: Target
Vest: ModCloth
Skirt: I heart Ronson
Flats: Target

  
Dress: thrifted JCrew
Belt: Vintage
Sandals: Nine West


Dress: Thrifted
Heels: Jessica Simpson


 
Blazer: Olsenboye
Eyelet Tank: Target
Ankle Jeans: F21
Necklace: from the Palace of Versailles
Flats: Target


Dress: Thrifted (and up for a giveaway this week....)
Belt: Vintage
Heels: Jessica Simpson


Jacket: UO
Brooch: Antique
Sweater Blouse: Etsy buy from Sally Jane Vintage 
Skirt: Thrifted
Heels: Jessica Simpson

 (my best bet for Easter is this outfit!)
Polka Dot Dress: Thrifted
Jacket: Thrifted
Peep Toe Heels: Aldo


8 comments:

Ebony Arwen said...

I love that polka dot dress and mustard jacket :) Gorgeous! You look great in vintage looking pieces, I love it!

HM said...

Definitely love that last look! A great pick for Easter.

Anonymous said...

I love the first, third, forth and the polka dot dress (I lost count)these are realy great options for easter...

Meaghan Kelly said...

how do i enter the giveaway for that blue dress missy? i love it!
and i also love dress up for church easter dresses and I think that lilac one off etsy is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lara,

My job is like yours I'm in the city and then right out of the city if its not at the hotel I'm staying at or some place near the business I'm visiting I won't see it. My friends were super excited when I went to Greece last year and thought I got to see really cool things, I saw our corproate office and Greece and the hotel we stayed at, nothing else : )

Thanks for all the great shopping tips! I have some free time in the middle of the week I'm hoping to get out and about to explore!

Wild as a Mink said...

I think the first look is perfect for Easter! Are you in NYC today??? You had mentioned something about how you hope hte weather is nice when you're here on business. Only staying 1 night?
Has anyone ever told you you look like Lily Allen? am I way off on that one? But seriously, I think you do.
(PS-my BF is an architect too!)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

wow lots of fun Spring outfits, I need to go clothes shopping... bought 3 vintage dresses in Brooklyn but want more! Love the polka dots and that yellow sweater. :)

Shey said...

oh girl where have you been hiding? Love your blog and style, will definitely follow your blog from now on. =)