Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

I just wanted to wish you all a happy new year!  2009 was fairly good for me.  I got married, we bought a house, I got my kitty, Madeline, and I have been doing well professionally in a job and industry that I love.  There have been some bumps in the road as well.  My husband lost his job in July and is still unemployed and as a result, we haven't been able to do the things we would like to.

I mentioned in my last post that I had two New Years resolutions: To lose some weight/be in better shape and to shop more via thrift stores and consignment shops.  I think I want to add one more resolution:  I resolve to take better notice of the little things in life.  I think I more than most are guilty of getting lost in my thoughts so often that I miss a lot of what is going on around me.  Maybe it is a silly thing to deem a New Years resolution....


Cardigan: Thrifted
Blouse: ModCloth
Necklace: ModCloth
Belt: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Leggings: Target
Heels: Payless 


Today was a cleaning day for me and while cleaning, I managed to gather a bunch of clothing items I never wear.  Sometimes I don't even know why I buy things I won't wear....

SO...as part of my New Years resolution of fashion, I am going to be putting one of these unloved items into my outfits for the next two weeks.  Definitely a challenge....

1 comment:

myedit said...

I love the print of that shirt...