Thursday, December 3, 2009

Take it from Napoleon Dynamite...Just Dance

So I have had just a couple days of feeling sorry for myself.  I passed up a beautiful high waist gunmetal grey skirt at Express in order to rather buy Christmas gifts for family.  I just knew God told me for once, quit buying clothes, and buy for others.  Considering my husband's job situation, it was the best.  Oddly, that night, a friend from work sent me a text message saying she was going to bring a bag of her old threads that no longer fit her anymore.  She knows my thrift store obsession and thought I might like them!  Needless to say, I will be featuring some "Gifts from Lauren" threads in my outfit posts.

So to make myself feel even better on days like today...I laced up my ballet shoes.  I was a ballerina for 11 years and every time my husband is out for the day or the evening with friends, I can not help to put them on and dance around on my carpeted living room (ankles cant take the hard wood anymore!)



 

Blouse: Thrifted

Vest: Gift from Lauren
Skirt: H&M
Slippers: Prima Soft 

4 comments:

A Thought Is The Blossom said...

these are adorable shots. i've always been fascinated by ballerinas...the fact that you can stand on your toes!! love this outfit too, especially with that white vest. :)

Q's Daydream said...

so wish i could dance like that :o)

Jessica said...

okay. these pictures are gorgeous. i've always wanted to become a ballerina but i couldn't have the chance. i only could have ballet lesson for 3 years when i was in elementary so i don't have the flexibility like i was. but i do still have the spirit of dance!!
i just love ballet!! <3

stephanie renee said...

I was a ballerina too! i miss those days a little