Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anne of Green Gables

I was spending a lazy and rainy afternoon searching my list of beloved blogs when I fell upon Liebemarlene's site and her wonderful entry on Heinrich Kuhn's autochromes and it immediately transported me back to when I was a little girl aimlessly obsessed with Anne of Green Gables.

I wasn't particularily girly growing up. In fact, like Anne Shirley, I was headstrong, opinionated and had a temper that could scare a lion. I think if I had to choose one fictional character that most influenced me as a person, it would be Anne of Green Gables. She was always willing to work for anything and her most powerful tool for life was her incredible imagination.

Even as she grew older (whether you read the original books or saw the movies starring Megan Follows), her imagination never left her. At 26 years old, I feel the same way. I can imagine my way out of most situations and I think it has made me the person I am.

Not to mention, her style was beautiful. I love to watch the movies just to refer to the incredible outfits she wears. Oh to have lived at that time period....

2 comments:

Miss Woody said...

i LOVE this movie! and the period !

Meaghan Kelly said...

aww i loved these movies too.
the books were even better!