Saturday, June 13, 2009

All That Jazz

I have been having a fairly lazy Saturday trying to pick out music for my wedding. Funny how I always resort back to jazz standards. I have been singing jazz since I was a teenager and it has had such an influence on my life. Growing up in Chicago adds more wood to the fire called my love affair with jazz and the history around it.

A year ago, I sang at the Green Mill which is notoriously known as a hangout of Al Capone (whom I oddly share a birthday with) and a speakeasy during the 1920s. It is an amazing place. You feel like you have stepped back in time. I imagine I was a flapper in a former life.

Me singing at The Green Mill in Chicago





2 comments:

Meaghan Kelly said...

Wow! it's so awesome that you sing Jazz! My boyfriend and I have been trying to make it out to some of the little jazz bars around our city and it's so much fun! It really is like a time capsule! That Green Mill place sounds incredible! We're totally planning a trip to Chicago sometime next year (neither of us has ever been) and I've added that to my list of things to see!

you look gorgeous!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

How awesome! I would love to step back in time and be a flapper. :)