Saturday, April 23, 2011

Why no one is coming over for Easter....

The posts have been sparse the last few days because we have been ripping out our incredibly ugly Berber carpet in order to replace it with oak flooring.  I made this decision the second we bought the house 2 years ago.  I told my husband, "I will not have a child crawling around on 1990s Berber, dirty carpet."  Luckily, he remembered and agreed that hardwood flooring was the best best.  We both missed having it from when we lived in the city!  So, I thought I would share a little peak at some of the action!

Ripping up carpet = many beers (not mine!)  No idea why this is sideways via Blogspot...

My beautiful frontroom...now plywood central!

Maddie was generally NOT amused at all the action...

 ...but then she found a nice spot at the window.

My job was to sweep, pull up stray tacks and to provide non-laborous help.  My belly, my husband's jeans, and a really ancient pair of Pumas did the job.

The future flooring...Butterum Oak.

No comments: