Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When the sun shines through the clouds...

That title is very optimistic but I specifically chose it because it is opposite of what I am feeling.  I know I have mentioned my husband is an unemployed architect....well, he hasn't been grated extended unemployment so that means we have to pay for our mortgage each month out of our savings.  Luckily, we have been really good savers over the last few years but, nothing is more frustrating and ego-hurting than having to see your money be eaten away.

But, I have been optimistic mainly because I have to be.  I think that is why I have been wearing bright colors lately.  They make me happy! 


Blouse: Thrifted
Necklace: Made by my grandmother in the 70s
Skirt: Banana Republic from about 7 years ago
Bracelet: Street vendor in Costa Rica
Shoes: Seychelles

2 comments:

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

I'm glad you are sticking it out through your financial difficulties; luckily you have blogging, which can be a great creative outlet to take your mind off the harder realities. And, you're a great thrift shopper, so that helps! Hope you're hanging in there. Love, Annie.

Anonymous said...

It's great that your optimistic (as much as you can be) and color's definitely help my mood too!