Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Hideout

I promise beyond all my being that I am not out to ignore my blog.  I know, one wouldn't think this considering I haven't posted in nearly a week but, I honestly have just been busy.

Yesterday, I fully intended on posting some spring outfit photos I had planned but, last minute, my good friend Andrea texted me the following: "What are you up to, grl?  Wanna go to a dance party???" 


...I mean really, how can you ignore that text.



So, in good friendship, I chucked out to Chicago to meet my friend and to, in fact, go dancing at none other than The Hideout

Located literally in the middle of an industrial area during the day, The Hideout is located in an old, tiny building hidden (hence the name) behind a cosmetic chemical laboratory and next to a seafood distributor. And is possibly the diveiest (is that a word?) bar I know of (and therefore love).   However, if you strike luck on a Saturday, it is Dance Party night where the best disco, 70s and 80s dance tunes are played and all around dance.  Not just dance, but dance not caring how incredibly silly you look.  Of course we joined. 

So, I suggest if ever in Chicago, visit The Hideout!

2 comments:

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Aw, we head to Chicago all the time - I'll have to check that out!

kate maggie said...

Wow, I want to go there! Chicago is definately on the to do list now!