Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Blues (or Turquoise?)



I woke up this morning completely excited about receiving a fantastic swap package from Mel at Idée Géniale and because I got to wear the new high waist skirt I got downtown at Zara yesterday.  I have really been into high waists and belts which is so not me.  I think finally at 27 I have accepted that I have hips and I am not a waif-like runway model.  No.  I am 5'5 and I weigh more that 90 pounds.  I used to wear only long shirts and hip-hugging skirts in A-line form.  But, I feel like it is OK to have hips and butt now.  Plus, my husband likes when I wear things that I fitted (like all men do).

Well, I love my new skirt but I dressed super quick this morning and threw on this turquoise shirt that I have had for years.  I just don't think this outfit works.  I should have chosen a different top and I really considered not posting.  But, what good would that do!  Fashion isn't always 'on' for everyone, every day.  Oh well, tomorrow is a new day....with no (fashion) mistakes in it.

This past Saturday, while out thrifting and antiquing (or apparently 'junking' as a old shopman told us), Leilani (from Thriftaholic) asked me a beauty question about what I consider the best non-sticky lipgloss.  I felt sort of bad because I didn't give her a really thought out answer.  I guess it is hard because I come across so many lip glosses at work.  But after long thought, I have narrowed down five of my favorite lip products for you!


Why? Glides on easily, doesn't dry and has great color


 
Why? Although sticky, it doesn't dry you lips out and it gives good plump!





3. Lip Stain - Urban Decay Lip Envy
Why?  It is the only lip stain that doesn't dry my lips out.  It keeps good color.




 
4. Non-sticky (in my opinion) Lip Gloss - CARGO Classic Lip gloss with Time Strip Technology
Why? Non sticky!  Great color and great feel on the lips.









5. Tinted Lip Balm - Benefit Benetint Lip Balm
Why? Smells like roses, perfect sheer color, keeps your lips moisturized!

4 comments:

Girl from the North Country said...

I love benetint! I use it on my cheeks! That high waisted skirt looks lovely on you. Its so nice to hear that other struggle with hips and bumms, I had a really hard time adjusting to the fact that I have a figure and would never dress appropriate for it. I find it both challenging in fun now!

P.S. That shirt is very cute!

WILDasaMINK said...

I love your skirt! High waisted skirts are the best...and hips and butts are cool too :)

Um, I think its awesome that I own lipgloss #2, #3, and #5 on your list!!! In fact #5 is by far one of my fave lipglosses EVER! I even made it a fave rave post at one point in my blog.

ash le dugan said...

I love Urban Decay, especially their eyeliners and primer...

And was introduced to Benetint in my freshman year of high school and fell in love because my true lip color lacks any color at all! lol

great blog

xo
aquadisiacdugan.blogspot.com

The Style Rider said...

Beautiful! That lipstick looks so cool! Ohhh I want number 5 now!