Sunday, January 17, 2010

And then I turned twenty-seven...

This weekend (which for me started at about 2pm on Friday because I left work early) was my birthday.  I feel like it flew by so fast and now I am facing another week at work...again.  I think birthdays are funny now that I am a older.  Part of me loves that I am an adult with a great job and an amazing husband and on the cusp of stepping into family life and the other part of me really misses my days in Chicago going to see bands at dive bars and having to thrift because I was poor and not just because I liked it.  Twenty-seven to me is a weird age.  I don't feel twenty-seven.  In all honesty, I felt my age until I was about 17 and then I just stopped.  I dont think like a 27 year old should but, then again, what is that exactly?  Does anyone else feel this way?

Well, regardless of the above paragraph of philosophical thought, I was extremely lazy in taking any outfit pictures this weekend.  I only managed to capture Friday because I loved it so much and I got home early enough to take it in another room in my house.  Saturday we went out for sushi and drinks with friends but I forgot the camera and today (which is my actual birthday) we shopped for a new bike for me (I got one; a mountain cruiser.  Bike trip pictures will probably end up on here) and then sadly had to attend a funeral for a close friend's sister.  So, all I have is Friday's outfit.  But to be honest, it was my favorite of the weekend.


Blouse: Richard Chai for Target
Vest: ModCloth
Brooch: vintage
Jeans: Edun
Boots: Target 

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  And thank you so much for all the lovely comments lately!

8 comments:

Leilani said...

I really like your little turtle pin (I have way too many vintage brooches, can't help myself) & you're really rocking that vest. :)

Laura said...

I love that vest and it's such a cute/smart idea to pair it with a pin!

www.glammed.blogspot.com

Idée Géniale said...

Happy birthday!! I will for sure be sending you that package tomorrow! think of it as a belated bday present!

Kristin said...

I felt like I could have written this post! I feel the exact same way! I am 26, married, incredibly happy, good career, etc. BUT sometimes I miss not having any responsibility, going out to dive bars on weekdays, random trips, etc. BUT, then again I would never want to go back to those days or not have anything I have now! But anyways I am rambling. Happy birthday!!!

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

Whoa, I didn't even know there were books! Haha!

Anonymous said...

aww happy birthday! I love your turtle pin and who would have thought those boot were from target, too cute! I hope you birthday was great and they let you order off the children's menu!

o said...

happy belated birthday! u look great in ur outfit:) loving the vest! i know what u mean, i turned 26 a few months ago and i still don't feel like my age haha! hmm definitely strange to think that we're now grown ups when i still feel like a kid inside;) have a great weekend!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Sharon Lei said...

Love this look... easy brezzey! :) I wish I snagged those boots from Target... now they're gone.. :(

Love & Aloha,
S

http://elisharon.blogspot.com/