Monday, December 14, 2009

A little bird told me so

The last few days have just been a whirlwind.  Work has been super busy (holiday+retail=crazy) and I have just had some horridly thrown on jeans days definitely not worthy of pictures.  But yesterday was Sunday and I always dress nicely on Sundays.  It is the only day during the week that I take to cook a nice formal dinner for my husband and I.  We shut off the TV, open a bottle of wine and spend some good time together with no distractions.  We started doing this when we lived in the city and had no cable.  Instead of watching pointless TV we would have a nice dinner and do something fun in the evening.  Whether it was going to get ice cream at the local ice cream shoppe or take a drive to see Lake Michigan wave up onto the beaches or even just drive through downtown.  Its always nice to know that one day during the week is kept sacred.

Bird Cardigan: Gift from my friend Lauren
Tee: Thrifted (Express)
Skirt: Thrifted
Leggings: DKNY
Boots: Target 

I also spent a bit of time cutting my bangs.  I only get my hair cut about 3 times a year because I tend to take pretty good care of my hair (I don't use products and I protect from heating appliances with argan oil).  I had a nice enough stylist in the city to teach me how to dry cut my bangs and I have been the only one to cut them for 3 years.  It definitely saves me money and time to do them myself and since I know exactly how my hair lays, they always turn out better.

1 comment:

Idée Géniale said...

Oh you're so brave! I NEVER attempt to cut my own bangs. Thankfully, my stylist offers free bang trims and is right in my neighborhood! Otherwise i think i'd be doomed.